CFFL- Detroit Lions overall record 5-29
2023 3-14
2022 2-15

CFFL - ST.Louis Rams: Overall record 59-85
2012 -220 WC 2017 DC 2020
tino38

Re: Possible Alternative to Madden?

Post by tino38 »

I still stand that because of all the excess work it would create, nothing could be done until next offseason if the decision to change did occur, but does anyone have an account with profootballfocus where they could share the ratings on here so we can see a comparable against the Madden ratings?

It may have to come down to a weekly post by someone who does because of all the constant changes of ratings from week to week we may need to compare on a weekly basis to see if there are any huge differences for any player on either resources of ratings.
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

tino38 wrote:I still stand that because of all the excess work it would create, nothing could be done until next offseason if the decision to change did occur, but does anyone have an account with profootballfocus where they could share the ratings on here so we can see a comparable against the Madden ratings?

It may have to come down to a weekly post by someone who does because of all the constant changes of ratings from week to week we may need to compare on a weekly basis to see if there are any huge differences for any player on either resources of ratings.
It's probably against the terms and conditions of being a member. Otherwise I'm sure we'd be seeing their ratings posted somewhere already, considering a ton of sports writers have fallen in love with PFF over the last 2 years.

I miss the days when their site was free.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
tino38

Post by tino38 »

Ben C. wrote:
It's probably against the terms and conditions of being a member. Otherwise I'm sure we'd be seeing their ratings posted somewhere already, considering a ton of sports writers have fallen in love with PFF over the last 2 years.

I miss the days when their site was free.
That's a good point Ben, one I did not think about. I've always wanted to check it out but never wanted to drop the $ to get it.
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
jacobsaces

Post by jacobsaces »

I can't seem to be able to open the link now.. I was going to compare some players that I looked at previously when the link worked but can only remember one.. Though I know there was multiple, so having only looked at the players on my own roster Chris Conte safety for Chicago is given a 59 rating.. Madden gives him a 72.. Seeing how he is slated to start the 59 seems ridiculous and probably he is close to 80 now with the updates.. I apologize I did have more examples but can't get the link to work but the point is they seem to not give enough credit to younger players emerging who were not high draft picks... While Maddens main issue is giving older washed up vets to much credit... (Tatupu) still an 83. But ultimately we should be able to do our own research and find the young players that will emerge before ratings match, it's still nice to have them match as soon as possible so we don't have to wait for contracts to be up to get their true value..
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

Pff does not rate then 1 through 100. They rate each play the player plays. 0 if he does his job as he should, .5 if he does something better saya tfl or sack. -.5 of thru do something bad.

But you can sort by each position. They only way I can see doing it is by assigning a rating by their rank within their position. Say there is 70 guards. The best would get a 9.0, then dropping.1 from there on with the worst guy getting a 2.0 rating. Then you tagged that rating and average it with there Madden rating.

A 80 Madden is 6.0 for us. If he is playing best in the league give him a 9.0 for pff. Averaging him at 7.5.
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

Sorry for all the above errors, my phone sucks
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
Ulrich82

Post by Ulrich82 »

Just to point out, the Madden ratings czar is on the record as being a big fan of PFF and uses their info to develop their ratings updates.
CFFL SF 49ers since 2010
NFC West Champions: 2011, 2012, 2013 , 2014, 2015
Undefeated 2013-2014 Regular Season

AFFL:
Assistant GM with Car Panthers since 2012
Carolina Panthers GM Since 2014
Dan R.

Post by Dan R. »

jacobsaces wrote:But ultimately we should be able to do our own research and find the young players that will emerge before ratings match, it's still nice to have them match as soon as possible so we don't have to wait for contracts to be up to get their true value..
This.

You talk about Conte being a 59 on the other site, and that being ridiculous due to starter status. I have a guy who has run away with Cleveland's SS position - Eric Hagg, on my CFFL Texans. While not a 59, he's not much bettering Madden's rankings at 64. True, he's a former 7th round selection, but he has not only run away with a job which was supposed to be a competition, he has looked good in the preseason. While I expect guys on my team like Hankerson and Jeffery to raise significantly from the lower-70s this season (if they do what I think they can), I don't expect him to raise nearly as much simply because of 1) his position and 2) his team.

Has anyone ever noticed that the good players on bad teams tend to be underrated by Madden? From just playing the game and looking through the teams, they tend to rank decent starters on good teams slightly better than they do the good players on losing teams, excluding their stars.
CFFL Houston Texans GM
Lifetime Record - 41-23 (0-2 Postseason)
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

Dan R. wrote:
jacobsaces wrote:But ultimately we should be able to do our own research and find the young players that will emerge before ratings match, it's still nice to have them match as soon as possible so we don't have to wait for contracts to be up to get their true value..
This.

You talk about Conte being a 59 on the other site, and that being ridiculous due to starter status. I have a guy who has run away with Cleveland's SS position - Eric Hagg, on my CFFL Texans. While not a 59, he's not much bettering Madden's rankings at 64. True, he's a former 7th round selection, but he has not only run away with a job which was supposed to be a competition, he has looked good in the preseason. While I expect guys on my team like Hankerson and Jeffery to raise significantly from the lower-70s this season (if they do what I think they can), I don't expect him to raise nearly as much simply because of 1) his position and 2) his team.

Has anyone ever noticed that the good players on bad teams tend to be underrated by Madden? From just playing the game and looking through the teams, they tend to rank decent starters on good teams slightly better than they do the good players on losing teams, excluding their stars.

which is where pff would help out to average out their better playing with madden, and to average down some of the overrated players.
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title