Team Openings 2013

JonC

Re: Team Openings 2013

Post by JonC »

Chad55 wrote:Hey Commish, do we still have some potentially new GMs looking for a team?
I know there is one person who has registered (not yet approved as he just registered in the last couple days) who will be joining the wait list.
DFFL Steelers GM: '13-'22
Regular Season Record: 77-85 (.475)
Division Championships: ’13, ’14, ’19
AFC WC Team: ’20

AFFL Bills GM: '20-?
Regular Season Record: 20-30 (.400)

BRFL Chargers GM: '21-?
Regular Season Record: 17-17 (.500)
AFC WC Team: '22
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Chad55 wrote:Hey Commish, do we still have some potentially new GMs looking for a team?
Pending some ongoing discussions, we'll either have one known waitlist guy I've been talking to left or possibly everyone into a slot today, and any new wait list people signing up from that point would be in line for future openings ahead.

I did just activate a couple of new guys after I got back from trip so may potentially have some more sign onto wait list.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Hi everyone I am Reggie. Huge football fan, but don't really have a specific team. More so love the enjoyment of studying the draft as well as watching how pro football focus grades players on a play by play basis. I am a huge fan of fantasy football so this site I feel like is something I've been desiring for quite a while. I am new to the league but feel that I understand cap issues in the NFL more than the average person. Any team will suffice, look forward to joining this league anywhere I can!
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Ritz Blitz has joined the AFFL now, and Do Well has taken over a created opening for CFFL CAR.

We do have a couple promising candidates on the wait list, but at this moment now all openings have been filled.

If you currently have multiple teams and thinking life's a little busier or you'd like to focus on your favorite franchise, let me know and we can get some of the new wait list candidates into a team still.

More teams have taken on Assistant GMs. If someone's posted on the wait list without a team yet and sounds like they could be a helpful resource in assisting with draft research or discussing transactions, reach out to the new guys and help them understand the league while they await a team.

We'll keep examining openings if teams don't show for free agency or the draft. Although I have to finish making everything 100% automated, adding a new league may also be a possibility this summer if our wait list grows into double digits and time allows.
Shagg

Post by Shagg »

I'd be willing to take on an assistant as this season. Will be a very busy summer for me.
E.G.K
Detroit Lions General Manager-AFFL
Do Well

Post by Do Well »

Hey All,
I just took over CFFL Car (my first team). Looking forward to getting cracking right away with FA starting tomorrow. I'm always available for trade talks and have updated my trading block. I'm on at least 3 times a week so always expect a response within 18-24hours.

Go Panthers!
C_dubb

Post by C_dubb »

I can see the 'Assistant GM' system being a great way to do a couple of things:

1.) Get the Wait List GMs Involved Sooner & also Provide an Additional Option to prospective GMs - Gm's who are worried about their time and availability might love the idea of becoming an assistant GM. That way they get to feel involved and provide input into the decision making process of a team, without making a larger time commitment. It could even be competitive where the wait listers are kind of like GM's out in the market without a team, where they can offer their services and make a pitch for why they are the best assistant gm candidate (creating a natural competition for the top jobs).

2.) Test the Resolve of wait list GM's (and give them something to do) - a person who goes from wait list to assistant gm for a season or two, has shown their commitment and should be less of a risk of becoming inactive.

3.) Shorten the Learning Curve - allowing wait list GMs to become assistants will shorten their own learning curves.

That being said, this is my first season but if any GM on the wait list would like to help out, I always believe two heads are better than one. Someone who can provide their opinion and insight into potential roster moves, draft selections, and just to be 'another voice in the room', so to speak would be helpful.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

For CFFL WAS, I reached out the the GM as I've done others who hadn't placed any bids yet and hadn't logged in this week. He responded discussing some family situations recently, and has handed off the team to a new GM on the wait list. Reggie was next up and will be taking over the reins there.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Not sure if this is the place but Id be willing to take on an assistant if anybody is interested.
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

One of our GMs had to give up his team because of family situations, so we've got a new GM. jmdaz44 takes over CFFL HOU.