Some Random Ideas

sportznut

Some Random Ideas

Post by sportznut »

These aren't so much rules changes, but suggestions for Troy. These would involve some programming changes for him, but I think would make these leagues even better. Feel free to add ideas to this list:

Have a search function specifically on the FA page.

Allow for the same sorting features on the Practice Squad page, as with the FA lists. ie alphabetical, grades, positions, and so forth.

Give teams an alert when one of their FAs, RFAs, franchise, and transition players have been bid on. This alert would need to show up on the main page, or league pages much like a trade alert. Another alert would be for when a team signs your PS player. Not just on roster pages, which GMs might not visit daily. If alerts are a pain in the ass to program, an alternate suggestion is to have a generic PM and email sent instead, although I'd rather have an alert than a bunch of PMs flooding my email.

Allow teams to add draft picks to their trade block. This would be a huge help leading up to the draft, but before we all hit the draft room.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I think cosmetically speaking, these would all help the functionality of the average GM on this site.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
RebelFan

Re: Some Random Ideas

Post by RebelFan »

I think it would be great if I could search for a guy & sign him from that page. Rather than having to go back to FA page to do so.

It would also be cool if "free agency" links were in the drop down menu at the top of the page, along with AFFL Chi Roster, AFFL League home page, AFFL Forum home it would also say - "AFFL Free Agency".

I think there should be a link to "add player to FA pool", where the users could input all the data & info for missing player to be approved by Commish.
GM - Chicago Bears - AFFL
GM - San Francisco 49ers - DFFL

"Talent Hoarder"
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

I think the biggest improvement would be a historical archive listing all previous games, and any stats that were recorded by the system.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Zapotek

Post by Zapotek »

sportznut wrote: Give teams an alert when one of their FAs, RFAs, franchise, and transition players have been bid on. This alert would need to show up on the main page, or league pages much like a trade alert. Another alert would be for when a team signs your PS player. Not just on roster pages, which GMs might not visit daily. If alerts are a pain in the ass to program, an alternate suggestion is to have a generic PM and email sent instead, although I'd rather have an alert than a bunch of PMs flooding my email.
I love this idea. I know there are times when I'm flat out and can't get on every 24 hours to see whether someone is bidding on one of my prac squad guys. I can match it later, but I'm then stuck with whatever contract structure the other team wanted.

I'd actually prefer the PM/email system (and an option to turn it off for those who don't care) because you'd then know about the bids without having to be lucky to log on in those 24 hours.
Manager of AFFL NYJ and FFFL CLE since before the 2016 draft.

CFFL IND: Took control after 2011 draft, relinquished after winning 2013 and 2015 season SB.
RebelFan

Post by RebelFan »

It would be nice to have a "preview" option for transactions, such as releasing a player, so that the system would give a definitive cap impact to the GM before he actually goes through with the transaction. This would be especially useful during the season, dividing salaries by the number of games, etc.
GM - Chicago Bears - AFFL
GM - San Francisco 49ers - DFFL

"Talent Hoarder"
redsoxfan31x21

Post by redsoxfan31x21 »

sportznut wrote:These aren't so much rules changes, but suggestions for Troy. These would involve some programming changes for him, but I think would make these leagues even better. Feel free to add ideas to this list:

Have a search function specifically on the FA page.

Allow for the same sorting features on the Practice Squad page, as with the FA lists. ie alphabetical, grades, positions, and so forth.

Give teams an alert when one of their FAs, RFAs, franchise, and transition players have been bid on. This alert would need to show up on the main page, or league pages much like a trade alert. Another alert would be for when a team signs your PS player. Not just on roster pages, which GMs might not visit daily. If alerts are a pain in the ass to program, an alternate suggestion is to have a generic PM and email sent instead, although I'd rather have an alert than a bunch of PMs flooding my email.

Allow teams to add draft picks to their trade block. This would be a huge help leading up to the draft, but before we all hit the draft room.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I think cosmetically speaking, these would all help the functionality of the average GM on this site.

Definitely would love to see these put in if possible.
Franchise Record - 47-39 (3-3 playoffs)
'10 - 12-4 - AFC West Champs - 1-1 Playoffs
'11 - 14-2 - AFC West Champs - #1 AFC seed - 1-1 Playoffs - AFC Title Loss
'12 - 11-5 - AFC Wild Card - 1-1 playoffs
'13 - 2-14
'14 - 5-11
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

RebelFan wrote:It would be nice to have a "preview" option for transactions, such as releasing a player, so that the system would give a definitive cap impact to the GM before he actually goes through with the transaction. This would be especially useful during the season, dividing salaries by the number of games, etc.
This reminds me of something. There have been a few instances in the past when I wanted to release a lesser player with the attempt to re-sign them at a better deal, but they didn't become FAs every time. Sometimes, they had to pass waivers. Instead of having every GM check every player on his roster, there should be a warning before you cut someone along the lines of "would you like to release this player into FA?" OR if the player must clear waivers, it tells you before you cut said player, like "are you sure you would like to cut this player? They must pass through waivers first."

I know in a few instances if I realized a guy I was cutting was going through waivers, I may have chosen to cut someone else instead.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Strategist

Post by Strategist »

Guys if you go to alphebitical or positon on the FA page then you can just use CTRL+F to search for a player.
DFFL - DAL 09-20: 113-63 .642 (6-5) 3X DIV Champs. 6 Playoff apps. DFFL Bowl I Champs
CFFL - NYG 10-12: 34-13-1 .708
AFFL - WAS 13-19: 53-59 .473 (5-3) '14, '15, & '17 Div, '17 AFC Champs
FFFL - PIT 16-17: 45-19 .703 (3-3) '16-18 Div, 16' AFC Champs
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Strategist wrote:Guys if you go to alphebitical or positon on the FA page then you can just use CTRL+F to search for a player.
Good to know. Thanks.

Not everyone is going to know that though. I've been here since day one, and didn't know myself.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Strategist

Post by Strategist »

Your welcome. That is how you search any web page and almost any document as well.
DFFL - DAL 09-20: 113-63 .642 (6-5) 3X DIV Champs. 6 Playoff apps. DFFL Bowl I Champs
CFFL - NYG 10-12: 34-13-1 .708
AFFL - WAS 13-19: 53-59 .473 (5-3) '14, '15, & '17 Div, '17 AFC Champs
FFFL - PIT 16-17: 45-19 .703 (3-3) '16-18 Div, 16' AFC Champs