Volunteers

Goodell

Volunteers

Post by Goodell »

I'm both excited to have football training camps open as well as feeling like that last day of vacation knowing you have to return to piles of work soon.

People have volunteered in the past to help our more, and we've done some of that with game stats collection at times and folks like Ben putting all the weekly grade update information together for me. Might take others up on that more this year. We'll start here.

I could use a couple of transaction monitors, so we can have more timely updates of injuries as well as helping me on the lookout for some updates that may not appear always within the NFL.com's transaction list (like returning from IR or PUP). It also has to be people who understand that just because some news today doesn't mean we mark it in our system immediately either. If a guy goes on IR after week 8, for example, but we haven't played our sim week 8 yet, he couldn't be marked for IR until after we've simmed our week 8. Not sure if I'll build some tools for helpers to use or just have them send me lists where I don't have to research but just knock those out once sent. These people or others may also help with adding players to the database or cleaning up some of the guys who should be removed or positions updated, etc.

The biggest job during the regular season is grabbing all of the boxscore stats to feed into our game simulator. I have a process and spreadsheet that I use which lets me upload all of that, but with 16 games it takes a long while to collect every week. Hope to one day use a stat feed $ervice but for now it would we great if we had a rotation of guys to tackle that from time to time and allow us to sim games sooner after real games played and allowing rosters to be unlocked more.

Send me a PM if you are interested, and we'll talk from there. Thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office