Waiver wire

jmdaz44

Waiver wire

Post by jmdaz44 »

Is there a way to see which players are currently on the waiver wire? It's hard to keep track of who has been cut/waived using just the League homepage. It'd also be nice to see where players are in the waiver process, i.e. on what date they were waived or what date they will clear waivers. Maybe also displaying the waived player's contract details so I know what kind of salary/cap hit I'd be taking on if I put a claim on a player.

Maybe some of these functions exist somewhere and I haven't stumbled upon them yet, but I just thought I'd bring it up. Also, not sure if any of this is feasible or if anyone else would also be interested in a similar function, but just an idea.
CFFL Houston:
2013: 7-9
2014: 9-7
2015: 10-6 - Wildcard (0-1)
2016: 12-4 - AFC South Champ (0-1)
2017: 11-5 - AFC South Champ (1-1)
2018: 12-4 - AFC South Champ (1-1)
2019: 13-3 - Wildcard (4-0 - CFFL Champions)
Knighty Knight

Re: Waiver wire

Post by Knighty Knight »

I think these are great suggestions to look at down the road, especially viewing a player's contract details before placing a waiver claim.
Brian Orr
AFFL New York Giants (48-51)(2-2) 2022, 2023 NFC East Champions
BRFL Washington Commanders (10-7)(0-1)
DFFL Miami Dolphins(103-76)(3-5) 2018 AFC East Champions
tino38

Post by tino38 »

Knighty Knight wrote:I think these are great suggestions to look at down the road, especially viewing a player's contract details before placing a waiver claim.
The very first line under the players name when placing a waiver claim tells you the contract details
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
RyanM

Post by RyanM »

Seeing their grades would be very helpful as well. I've claimed several guys that I know made 53-man rosters that I probably wouldn't have done otherwise if I knew their grades.
Ryan McKnight
Seattle GM - AFFL
Seattle GM - EFFL
Knighty Knight

Post by Knighty Knight »

tino38 wrote:
Knighty Knight wrote:I think these are great suggestions to look at down the road, especially viewing a player's contract details before placing a waiver claim.
The very first line under the players name when placing a waiver claim tells you the contract details
Thanks Tino! I guess it's been so long since I've claimed a player I forgot that was there after clicking the claim button.
Brian Orr
AFFL New York Giants (48-51)(2-2) 2022, 2023 NFC East Champions
BRFL Washington Commanders (10-7)(0-1)
DFFL Miami Dolphins(103-76)(3-5) 2018 AFC East Champions
tino38

Post by tino38 »

Lol it's also time stamped so it should be fairly easy to know how much time is left
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Thanks for the suggestions.

A lot of teams are claim-happy in my opinion and we've instituted some changes to make claiming a player what it should be here to me. My hope would be that there will be less claiming in the future with some of the changes and teams will ONLY claim guys they know about or have done research on and want to pay them and give them a spot on the 53 man roster. Teams can no longer claim guys just to claim them to try to get them to their practice squads. Claims are only for guys you feel are deserving of a spot on your 53 man roster.

It probably won't be an immediate priority until the next batch of claim process changes after monitoring effects, but suggestions are always welcome and more information can be a good thing. Thanks!
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

It previously showed player name, position, salaries for the next 6 seasons (since claiming team would be taking those on), roster bonuses if applicable, and claim deadline. Not too hard to add grade to that, so I've done that also.

This off-season we did away with the signing soon part of free agency for most of the year, and if we had more claim details organized by list and claim deadlines directly it would to me almost be like taking claims to a place we tried to get away from with free agency, but it's something to think about ahead.

But the bottom line is don't claim a player unless you know you want them on your 53 man roster and should do some research on them prior to claiming. Because won't be able to cut to practice squad and will be charged for claims once regular season paychecks start at week 1. So we can provide some additional details on claims, but my suggestion is think twice and really be sure about a claim that you know them and you know you want them on your 53 man roster before just clicking claim.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office