simulation question

RyanM

simulation question

Post by RyanM »

I noticed this because I play St. Louis (AFFL) this week. The offensive line grade is your top 5 + a backup. For the Rams that would currently consist of 3 tackles, 2 centers and 1 guard. Is that how the grade will be determined, or do you drop his lowest rated guy (the backup) & add in another guard position so the line is complete?

If you don't add in the 2nd guard, is it conceivable that someone could have their best 5 + backup be all one position? Just asking as that would change the way a team would be constructed by a GM (simply go after highest rated guy, regardless of line position).
Ryan McKnight
Seattle GM - AFFL
Seattle GM - EFFL
sportznut

Re: simulation question

Post by sportznut »

RyanM wrote:I noticed this because I play St. Louis (AFFL) this week. The offensive line grade is your top 5 + a backup. For the Rams that would currently consist of 3 tackles, 2 centers and 1 guard. Is that how the grade will be determined, or do you drop his lowest rated guy (the backup) & add in another guard position so the line is complete?

If you don't add in the 2nd guard, is it conceivable that someone could have their best 5 + backup be all one position? Just asking as that would change the way a team would be constructed by a GM (simply go after highest rated guy, regardless of line position).
On offense, you need one center, two guards, and two tackles. The backup can be any position. You can't have a line loaded up with 3 or 4 guards/tackles unless they have the flexibility to play both positions.

On defense, there's slightly more flexibilty for a 4-3 defense, or a 3-4 defense. Essentially, what this boils down to is you'd have 2 DEs, 1 DT, 3 LBs, and one more player that would have to play EITHER DT, or LB.

Secondary is two safeties, and two CBs.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

I think the required positions on the Oline are C/T/T

I'm not sure but I think you could start 4 tackles and 1 center. assuming that Tackle is harder to play and grade shuold not decrease going to gaurd.
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I gotta run out for a second so answering quick and will look into later...

http://www.fangm.com/football/roster-tr ... eague=affl

For OL need 1 center, 1 guard, 2 tackles and another OL starter assuming that easier for good tackles to move inside if needed or center to move over than a guard playing tackle or center which are higher profile/paying positions.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Joe

Post by Joe »

Hey are we back to simming on Tuesday this week? Wasnt sure if all the bugs were worked out!
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Joe wrote:Hey are we back to simming on Tuesday this week? Wasnt sure if all the bugs were worked out!
It may be Wednesday as going to 3 leagues seems to have made it much longer to sim all the games than I remember. Part of that was more game update entries and double-checking depth charts for more teams and in a rushed week 1. I also have lots of real work today and tomorrow to finish up a project, but maybe after a Tuesday evening meeting and that's done I can get started on the games late and finish up on Wednesday.

I have it setup for week 2 game stats now:
http://www.fangm.com/football/weeklyupdate.php

If teams enter or take a look at their stats and the stats for their opponent, hopefully that game entry easier than last year because more GMs involved and if just one GM updates one player's stats it crosses over to the other leagues too.

Won't happen this week, but hoping to make that much less manual also as the season goes along and matching up the game stats to our database for uploading those and then just letting teams look over and alert me if any problems in the game update upload, but for now still entering manually. Also haven't put in the injuries for week 2 from here yet:
http://www.nfl.com/injuries

Thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office