Stats

jmdaz44

Stats

Post by jmdaz44 »

Has the topic of keeping track of career stats of players over multiple seasons ever been discussed? Or implementing stats for defensive players? Obviously I have no idea of how difficult that would be to add, but just something I know I would ideally like to see.
CFFL Houston:
2013: 7-9
2014: 9-7
2015: 10-6 - Wildcard (0-1)
2016: 12-4 - AFC South Champ (0-1)
2017: 11-5 - AFC South Champ (1-1)
2018: 12-4 - AFC South Champ (1-1)
2019: 13-3 - Wildcard (4-0 - CFFL Champions)
Goodell

Re: Stats

Post by Goodell »

jmdaz44 wrote:Has the topic of keeping track of career stats of players over multiple seasons ever been discussed? Or implementing stats for defensive players? Obviously I have no idea of how difficult that would be to add, but just something I know I would ideally like to see.
Every year we try to add a couple more wrinkles. Some archiving over the years has been done previously, especially in the draft area. It's possibly more will come, depending upon time and priorities.

Player stats are a little more complicated too. In the early years of the game simulator we had some odd results. The game was new and free and something people knew was a work-in-progress and we kept trying to improve it over time. There might be some early games where a QB's numbers were crazy odd, and tweaks were made to the system to improve the simulator after to prevent that from happening again. Maybe we had some early games where it gave a RB 60 carries, or a QB throwing it 100 times, or something else odd, where the simulator tweaked to change that later.

I know some want archiving stats and put a lot of importance on those and records, etc. but in some cases it would really be not appropriate. It would be more a list of odd results from odd simulations that were corrected later than something to honor. Just because the game simulator wasn't as fine tuned 6 years ago, doesn't mean a backup QB who had a 1-for-1 update that turned into a great weird game in an earlier version of the sim should be celebrated. It's more a reflection on the game simulator's improvement over time versus how great that sim player was in the early days of less consistent results.

It might be something where I find a cut-off line where results more consistent to display or ways to throw out the odd-ball cases since corrected, but it would be a project for sure that would take some time. I personally still view the site as an in-progress thing that someday I may have more time to focus on more and take things to another level a bit, where maybe it would become a new start of finished products setup for long-term stats from that point going forward.

It's a good suggestion, though. Showing more archived information is always something on the list, and some that we've already done in some places, but others are more complex for various reasons.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office