Explantion please

Joe

Explantion please

Post by Joe »

A couple things I am having trouble figuring out..

AFFL- St. Louis - Bulger: 27-for-27, 259 yards, 1 TD / 0 INT
CFFL- St. Louis - Bulger: 24-for-30, 238 yards, 1 TD / 1 INT
DFFL- St. Louis - Bulger: 34-for-39, 284 yards, 1 TD / 0 INT

In playing the final 10 minutes of the game, he is 7 -7 for 88 yds and a touchdown. How does a guy get those kind of stats when he doesnt start and is questionable?

My next question is with Derrick Anderson. I know he played horribly IRL, but when he plays with a RB in Lewis that had a good game and three receivers that had big games and 5 touchdowns, why is the qb play not upgraded?

Ex 1- Braylon Edwards finally has a good game 5 catches, 64 yds, 1 TD Sim 0 catches, 0 yards

Ex 2- Jeremy Maclin.. rookie breaks out 6 catches, 142 yards, 2 TD Sim 1 catch, 6 yards

Ex 3- Kellen Winslow.. Tampas only hope 9 catches, 102 yds, 2 TD Sim 3 catches, 12 yards

Boller as his backup had a much better game and probably should have been subbed in. Help me understand this please!!
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl
Goodell

Re: Explantion please

Post by Goodell »

Starting has nothing to do with anything in our game updates only stats. I mentioned in another thread the 7-for-7 thing and that I thought something was in there before for passes beyond those 7 adjusting the passing completion percentage but obviously not working in that case and will be re-examined.

QB play is upgraded based upon the formula printed at the bottom of every game. It takes his game update and adjusts it based upon whether the WR + OL grade are better than the defensive grades on the other side.

There is no "subbing in" currently nor has there been other than for when QB1 is injured. Otherwise the depth charts and choices we make wouldn't matter much if the system just picked the better QB to play itself every time.

For a more complicated sim just takes more time and resources to develop. Was hoping to have more time to work on it further but haven't had that as much recently.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

As far as game updates and a player being "questionable"... injury levels like that adjust the player's grade (which is more important for lineman or defenders) but QBs and RBs and receivers get game updates based upon actual play.

If a star RB, for example, was questionable but in reality got onto the field and had a big game we don't take away those real life stats because he was "questionable". That had nothing to do with the results he actually got that we use. His grade was adjusted for that. If he was on a bye week without a real game update, his averaged game would be adjusted for his injury level. But real performance game updates are not modifyed for injury level. That's what the player actually did no matter the injury level.

Some expressed worry about the Pats maybe including Brady on the injury list often and that impacting him, but for skill position players what they do on the field matters more. We don't discount Brady's game update, for instance, just because he was listed as probable or something. His game update is what he actually did. And it's adjusted from there based upon the grades of his WR+OL minus the grades of the opposing front 7 and secondary.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

RE: three receivers that had big games

Having WRs who have big games is nice, but like Randy Moss in Oakland with horrible QBs the WRs don't drive the passing game results in our sim. The QBs drive the passing game primarily.

Quality WRs help the QB primarily if together with the OL are stronger than the sim defense faced which increases the adjusted completion percentage. WRs with high yards per catch also help on each completion when calculating how long the pass was, but the QB's yards per completion is a bigger determination.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Good to know.. Thanks Boss!
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl