Depth Chart Question

aturensh

Depth Chart Question

Post by aturensh »

My team (CHI DFFL) is starting Tyvon Branch and Macho Harris at CB (both are C+) and Craig Steltz (D+) and Anthony Smith (F) at Safety. Branch and Harris are both eligible to play Safety (and actually play it in reality). I have Terrell Thomas (C+) and Derek Cox (C+) sitting on the bench as eligible CB's.

Shouldn't Cox and Thomas start at CB with Branch and Harris starting at Safety? It's really killing the strength of my DB's and I just noticed it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Goodell

Re: Depth Chart Question

Post by Goodell »

aturensh wrote:My team (CHI DFFL) is starting Tyvon Branch and Macho Harris at CB (both are C+) and Craig Steltz (D+) and Anthony Smith (F) at Safety. Branch and Harris are both eligible to play Safety (and actually play it in reality). I have Terrell Thomas (C+) and Derek Cox (C+) sitting on the bench as eligible CB's.

Shouldn't Cox and Thomas start at CB with Branch and Harris starting at Safety? It's really killing the strength of my DB's and I just noticed it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Adding injuries to the depth chart and adjusting the grades on the fly really cranked up the complexity of that functionality. There have been others mentioning that their lineups aren't "optimized" and I hope to improve upon that next year. For now in those cases where someone has contacted me I try to make a note and manually adjust the grade as it should be before simming a game with that team (as well as teams with errors because not enough players at positions, etc.), but haven't had time to reprogram that entire script for optimized lineups. Right now it goes position by position one at a time and sometimes depending upon the order that it fills the spots and the listed positional flexibility it may not get the entire group optimized as it could be. We'll try to improve on that next year and in the meantime just having to manually make some adjustments when notice it before running a game.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office