Team Locations

sportznut

Team Locations

Post by sportznut »

Troy,
This is super minor, but I assume the fix would be relatively painless as well. In the offseason, can we get the teams that moved into their correct city going forward?

I ask this knowing in advance that soon the Raiders will reside in Las Vegas, and think it would be cool to have that here when the time comes.

But right now we have both LA teams. Not sure if there are others.

TY.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
whteshark

Re: Team Locations

Post by whteshark »

sportznut wrote:Troy,
This is super minor, but I assume the fix would be relatively painless as well. In the offseason, can we get the teams that moved into their correct city going forward?

I ask this knowing in advance that soon the Raiders will reside in Las Vegas, and think it would be cool to have that here when the time comes.

TY.
Troy,

I like my team to stay in San Diego. It's where I grew up and I was a long time Charger's fan before the recent move to LA. If Sport wants to move his team to Las Vegas I'm all for it.

Me, personally, I would like to remain in San Diego.

Thanks,

Whte
Regular Season: 161-79-1
Playoff Appearances: 10 of 16
Division Titles: 9
Conference Titles: 5
Playoffs: 17-7
AFFL Bowls: 3-2

AFFL Bowl I Winner
AFFL Bowl IV Winner
AFFL Bowl VIII Winner
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Personally, I think shark should be moved to Siberia. Thanks.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
KevMonk

Post by KevMonk »

I would also like to keep my Chargers in SD. I didn't support my childhood team moving to LA, don't reopen that wound...
whteshark

Post by whteshark »

sportznut wrote:Personally, I think shark should be moved to Siberia. Thanks.
You'd miss my power rankings too much.
Regular Season: 161-79-1
Playoff Appearances: 10 of 16
Division Titles: 9
Conference Titles: 5
Playoffs: 17-7
AFFL Bowls: 3-2

AFFL Bowl I Winner
AFFL Bowl IV Winner
AFFL Bowl VIII Winner
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

whteshark wrote:
sportznut wrote:Personally, I think shark should be moved to Siberia. Thanks.
You'd miss my power rankings too much.
Not until I'm back on my way up. :)
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

TY.
It's something that I've been thinking on since NFL teams started moving. Without putting a lot of time into it I don't have now, I don't know all the implications in various places of code of changing some of those things without creating possible problems. Worst thing I want to have happen is change some names and have that impact a draft or trade script unintentionally that wrecks something later unexpectedly in the middle of things that I have to panic try to fix on the fly. It may not, but something that I have to check all scripts for implications and the various places team names impact transaction scripts and how it reports/processes those. So hadn't been the highest priority yet. At some point we'll put time into that, or might do some smaller measure that just impacts outputs but keeps the same acronyms for the system.

In any event, there can't really be one team in one league is from this town and same franchise from another league is from another town, etc. the way things are setup. So the plan, while I didn't have much time anyway, was to wait out the batch of expected moves and then put a lot of time into changing every team at that point once teams seem to have all settled in again. Might have some time this off-season, but that probably depends upon rules discussions and what else is involved before the new season. But it is something that I expect will be updated ahead with the changing times as our league is based upon realism and putting sim players in the NFL team jobs.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Goodell wrote:

TY.
It's something that I've been thinking on since NFL teams started moving. Without putting a lot of time into it I don't have now, I don't know all the implications in various places of code of changing some of those things without creating possible problems. Worst thing I want to have happen is change some names and have that impact a draft or trade script unintentionally that wrecks something later unexpectedly in the middle of things that I have to panic try to fix on the fly. It may not, but something that I have to check all scripts for implications and the various places team names impact transaction scripts and how it reports/processes those. So hadn't been the highest priority yet. At some point we'll put time into that, or might do some smaller measure that just impacts outputs but keeps the same acronyms for the system.

In any event, there can't really be one team in one league is from this town and same franchise from another league is from another town, etc. the way things are setup. So the plan, while I didn't have much time anyway, was to wait out the batch of expected moves and then put a lot of time into changing every team at that point once teams seem to have all settled in again. Might have some time this off-season, but that probably depends upon rules discussions and what else is involved before the new season. But it is something that I expect will be updated ahead with the changing times as our league is based upon realism and putting sim players in the NFL team jobs.
Yeah, like I mentioned, not a huge deal. Nor did I expect you to jump right into it, but eventually when the Raiders are in Las Vegas, I'd like at a minimum for my helmet and city represented to show that.

If it can't be done easily, I'm not going to cry over it staying Oakland.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins