Prospective GM Wait List

Interested in joining a league or talking pro/college football with other serious fans?
soonertf

Re: Prospective GM Wait List

Post by soonertf »

It makes no sense to have people waiting, and have some GM's with 3 teams. I thought the DFFL was for new GMs only? Not to stir the pot or anything! :twisted:
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Alex S

Post by Alex S »

soonertf wrote:It makes no sense to have people waiting, and have some GM's with 3 teams. I thought the DFFL was for new GMs only? Not to stir the pot or anything! :twisted:
Thats why I didn't sign up, I knew we had a lot of people waiting to play so I figured I would give someone else a chance to play. Plus, 3 teams would be crazy to control! 2 is enough for me!
Alex S

AFFL - Cleveland Browns 27-21-1
CFFL - Carolina Panthers 20-12-1
Overall - 47-33-2 (.573 win%)
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

There won't be any new GMs who don't get spots. The newest guys came after teams already assigned but recently put a handful of teams up on the blocks because their new GM hadn't shown back up, so they'll be replacing those today and should get everyone new a spot. Now, if people start showing up next week there won't be any immediate openings probably, but they'll be in line for the first new ones. We don't have 32 new GMs, though, and can't start activity with a lot of open teams so I'm okay with existing GMs having another team to get a new league going that's over half new guys.

As the season goes along and more guys join the wait list, might be good opportunities for GMs with more teams to give one of them up if they'd wish to a new guy. There has been some of that already. But right now with free agency and the draft need to make sure somebody at the helm of each franchise being active and didn't get as many new people as I'd hope (I actually was shooting for nearly 32 new guys being new active GMs) but we did get some very good new GMs in solid numbers.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

I know, I was just giving some of these football junkies a hard time ;)
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Shagg

Post by Shagg »

I'm giving up the 49ers in CFFL just because it's a bit much and I really only like the Lions so for me it made sense to stick with my team :D
E.G.K
Detroit Lions General Manager-AFFL
MSN Messenger:AFFLDetroitLions@hotmail.com:
YIM: shagg07
Michael D.

Post by Michael D. »

soonertf wrote:I know, I was just giving some of these football junkies a hard time ;)
Hey, I am not a football junkie! I'm a sports junkie ;)
AFFL Carolina Panthers
CFFL Bowl I Champions (NYG)
bigphil44

Post by bigphil44 »

Please place me on the waiting list; I'll take any team that is avaiable. Thanks

Phillip
kevinl

Post by kevinl »

I would like to take over the St.Louis Rams roster ASAP in the CFFL league.. Thanks Kevin
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

kevinl wrote:I would like to take over the St.Louis Rams roster ASAP in the CFFL league.. Thanks Kevin
Thanks for signing up. I've had a lot of requests for that team and will have a process for it up hopefully tomorrow, but we can get you into a spot of some kind otherwise that I'll discuss with you over PM. Thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

soonertf wrote:It makes no sense to have people waiting, and have some GM's with 3 teams. I thought the DFFL was for new GMs only? Not to stir the pot or anything! :twisted:
I signed up after there were about 30 GMs, and Troy was attempting to fill the last spot or two.

I also picked a team that noone had currently picked #1 on their list.

I wasn't sure I wanted another team either, and wouldn't have signed up if he was full at the time.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins