Virus/Malware

Goodell

Virus/Malware

Post by Goodell »

Unfortunately seems like some malicious code was injected into some of the site pages recently. If you use FireFox you might have gotten an alert when trying to enter.

I have removed all pages that were updated by something/someone otherwise recently and wiped the suspicious code inserts off and replaced those with cleaned files.

Also spent all last night running virus/malware scans and working with the hosting company about verification of removal and further steps. Also Google put a malware alert associated the site and I've contacted them through webmaster tools to review to see if problem removed.

Ugh, hate the scumbags who create this kind of junk out there...

These days people should have some kind of anti-virus software, and there are some very good pay ones but thought I'd throw out some free versions that don't cost and if GMs here didn't already have strong anti-virus/malware protection that they might look into some of these free products and at least scan your system to make sure you weren't impacted.

Sorry for that guys, and trying to resolve it and prevent in the future. One of these days will get a dedicated server without anything or anybody else on it.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE A GOOD ANTI-VIRUS OR MALWARE PROTECTION SOFTWARE, CHECK INTO THESE FREE VERSIONS. Any other suggestions are welcome.

MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

MALWARE REMOVAL TOOL / ONECARE SCAN
http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwa ... fault.aspx
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/cent ... mscom_msrt

AVG FREE
http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Michael D.

Re: Virus/Malware

Post by Michael D. »

Thanks for putting all of your time and effort into solving this problem Troy. I'm sure I speak for everybody when I say that we appreciate all the efforts you put into this site.
AFFL Carolina Panthers
CFFL Bowl I Champions (NYG)
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

Thanks. I have a question for you. Is this something that has to be put in intentionaly? Or could some fool like me accidentally get a virus somewhere and then spread it to u?
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Royce R wrote:Thanks. I have a question for you. Is this something that has to be put in intentionaly? Or could some fool like me accidentally get a virus somewhere and then spread it to u?
I don't know for sure, but I don't think any of our GMs could have brought it in unless they were hackers trying to do it. Just regular usage shouldn't accidentally have done that I don't believe, as it went through dozens and dozens of the domains I have that I had to clean all of them. I think it had to do with me and maybe some old files I was moving to my new computer that might have had old problems brought back from another site I had a problem with long ago that was attacked. When I connected to my server recently with all those domains it hit most of them. Popular open source software can also sometimes be targetted in general by virus spreaders and hackers since so many use the same known code.

It's on me, just want to make sure people scan their systems (especially if they visited during that time or had weird things happen when they visited like it being redirected to another site or trying to download things automatically) so I won't worry about it messing up anybody else.

Click "protective scan" for free malware/virus scan from microsoft:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/cent ... mscom_msrt
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

ok thanks.
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

Is anyone else getting random ads from coupon caddy from this website? It does it by randomly linking words in the forums and I dont seem to be having the problem with any other websites
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

Not me... Just PM updates
Strategist

Post by Strategist »

If you are using google chrome that happened to me and I had to reinstall it to get it to go away.
DFFL - DAL 09-20: 113-63 .642 (6-5) 3X DIV Champs. 6 Playoff apps. DFFL Bowl I Champs
CFFL - NYG 10-12: 34-13-1 .708
AFFL - WAS 13-19: 53-59 .473 (5-3) '14, '15, & '17 Div, '17 AFC Champs
FFFL - PIT 16-17: 45-19 .703 (3-3) '16-18 Div, 16' AFC Champs