Want To Be A Owner?

Interested in joining a league or talking pro/college football with other serious fans?
Nathan S.

Want To Be A Owner?

Post by Nathan S. »

I'm not sure if Goodell planned on posting something so I thought I'd let new guys know. There is currently one team open in the leagues. It's STL in the CFFL.

http://www.fangm.com/football/roster.ph ... l&team=STL

Not much right away but with 4 1st round picks next year you'd do alright.
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Goodell

Re: Want To Be A Owner?

Post by Goodell »

Yeah, the STL owner informed me he would be giving up the team. I am going to gather the new GMs in assigning teams for a new league, and give an option for someone who might not get the team they want to take over that existing open team instead.

It's been a busy last few days, but have some time and an empty house tonight to crank some things out by morning.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Alright, hope me posting that is fine.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Nathan S. wrote:Alright, hope me posting that is fine.
Yeah, no problem. The team is currently open. If someone expresses a direct interest in that specific team let me know. Otherwise it'll probably be filled as part of the recruitment for new GMs for a new league.
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Alright, well let me know when the new league starts. I told redsoxfan2131 about the league awhile ago and he just finally got interested in this type of league. I'm thinking he'll want a new team though. SD most likely.
redsoxfan31x21

Post by redsoxfan31x21 »

i'll take this team if it's still open.

and i'd like to also/or get a team in the new league when it's made.
Franchise Record - 47-39 (3-3 playoffs)
'10 - 12-4 - AFC West Champs - 1-1 Playoffs
'11 - 14-2 - AFC West Champs - #1 AFC seed - 1-1 Playoffs - AFC Title Loss
'12 - 11-5 - AFC Wild Card - 1-1 playoffs
'13 - 2-14
'14 - 5-11
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I have turned on the application to the new DFFL, our next league. It is slated to start next weekend and complete a quick re-do of the off-season probably before beginning regular season games. It is primarily to give new guys interested a team by expanding, but existing GMs can get another team too if space permits. All can sign up but preferences will be to new GMs so long as show they will be active (otherwise could be replaced by existing proven GMs).

http://www.fangm.com/leagues.php

I will unexpectedly be away much of today at the sold out Rockies game with Lincecum going against Ubaldo Jimenez in a playoff chase. Got tickets at the last minute. I signed up for teams and seemed to work for me, but if problems let me know and I'll fix it later tonight.

It's the same form as last year with a tie-breaker question based upon an upcoming pre-season game on Thursday. If a GM wants a specific team and not risk tie-breaker can pay $10 via paypal and get that team, which will help me with hosting feeds. Just send me an email letting me know you've done that and which team to avoid confusion for me. Otherwise tie-breakers will determine who gets teams if multiple people want the same, and we'll try to get everyone into one of their 3 favorites. Remember this will probably be based upon teams prior to this past off-season as things stood the day after the Super Bowl.

I'll post more on this tonight and into the week. Thanks!
JimC

Post by JimC »

If theres enought room in the new league i would like to be the browns but any team will do.
GM of:
CFFL Jacksonville
DFFL Cleveland
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

i paid $10, but don't HAVE to have a specific team. Troy just deserves it.
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Jared A wrote:i paid $10, but don't HAVE to have a specific team. Troy just deserves it.
True, I don't have a Paypal but will look into it. I just decided to switch from KC to Denver so a new guy could have them.