2016 Off-Season Update

Joe

Re: 2016 Off-Season Update

Post by Joe »

Any idea when this years picks can be signed?
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Joe wrote:Any idea when this years picks can be signed?
Usually July when we get closer to training camps.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Just FYI, with an influx of people to the wait list (thanks for the referrals!) I'm thinking about expanding to another league later in July/August. I've posted a couple messages to invite new people also. Feel free to invite others to sign up here if you know of someone that might be interested. If enough show up, my guess is we'll launch a new 32 team league and possibly do a re-do of the college draft for the new league in August before the NFL season.

Depending upon how many new people there are if this happens, there may or may not be some additional openings there for existing GMs who just want another team. I'll know more about that later in July/August and will post an announcement if that's the case. Thanks
Zapotek

Post by Zapotek »

Hi Commish,

In regards to the new league, are those of us who already have teams but are interested in another meant to sign up now? I don't want to get left behind, but equally don't want to clog it up if the intention is that the new GMs have first whack at teams etc.

Thanks!
Manager of AFFL NYJ and FFFL CLE since before the 2016 draft.

CFFL IND: Took control after 2011 draft, relinquished after winning 2013 and 2015 season SB.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Zapotek wrote:Hi Commish,

In regards to the new league, are those of us who already have teams but are interested in another meant to sign up now? I don't want to get left behind, but equally don't want to clog it up if the intention is that the new GMs have first whack at teams etc.

Thanks!
I was letting the new guys know about it first, but it's open up to all. However, anyone without a team would get preference over someone getting multiple teams, so in the end new people have priority over getting a spot. Existing GMs might get a team if there are not enough new people. I'm trying to let more new people know about it, but there probably won't be 32 new people (but we'll see). Thanks!
jerrydlux

Post by jerrydlux »

I too would be interested in a second team if there is space available.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

jerrydlux wrote:I too would be interested in a second team if there is space available.
I would encourage those who are interested to go to the Openings page and enter in their choices at the link for the new league, but knowing that people without teams will get priority first. Thanks!
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

By the looks of it, I'm not sure the new owners know where to go sign up. All I see is mostly current owners. Did they get instructions on where to go?
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Knighty Knight

Post by Knighty Knight »

soonertf wrote:By the looks of it, I'm not sure the new owners know where to go sign up. All I see is mostly current owners. Did they get instructions on where to go?
FanGM>Openings>Sign Up Now

From the homepage click the Openings link at the top of the page. From the Openings page the Sign up now link is located next to the red text. Input your team preferences and click Submit.

http://www.fangm.com/leagues.php
Brian Orr
AFFL New York Giants (48-51)(2-2) 2022, 2023 NFC East Champions
BRFL Washington Commanders (10-7)(0-1)
DFFL Miami Dolphins(103-76)(3-5) 2018 AFC East Champions
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Appreciate the enthusiasm. The league isn't going to start until after August 7th (that's when the tie-breakers get decided), so lots of time for new people to sign up. Know most people aren't visiting here daily in the down time. All people on the wait list have been or are being contacted directly by the league. Thanks